Minimize/Maximize/Close Buttons Sometimes don't work

Minimize/Maximize/Close Buttons Sometimes don't work

Post by W}{izki » Tue, 09 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello

I've got what looks to be a somewhat wierd prog.  I'm running Redhat Linux
5.2 with xfree86 3.3.2 (with an upgraded mach_64 server to support my video
card....... ver 3.3.3.1)

Anyways, when I'm in the x-envirtonment, sometimes the Mini/maximize and
close buttons dont work, any ideas on how to fix this??

Thanks,

Rick

Minimize/Maximize/Close Buttons Sometimes don't work

Post by David Heinzinge » Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have noticed that if you have the num lock on that will cause this
problem.....  Check if that is the case.  I think it is a bug with
window maker.

--
Dave.

Post by Jason Con » Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> I have noticed that if you have the num lock on that will cause this
> problem.....  Check if that is the case.  I think it is a bug with
> window maker.

I've seen this happen with fvwm, too.

Minimize/Maximize/Close Buttons Sometimes don't work

Post by Linux-Whi » Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Yep that was the problem!!!  Thanks!

Rick

> I have noticed that if you have the num lock on that will cause this
> problem.....  Check if that is the case.  I think it is a bug with
> window maker.

> --
> Dave.

1. Minimize/Maximize/Control Buttons Stop Working In X

I've got a standard system with Red Hat 5.0.
The problem I'm experiencing is:  Every once and a while the
Minimize/Maximize/Control buttons on the title bar stop working.  (The
application keeps running though.)

At first I thought there was something wrong with the OS installation or
one of the applications I installed (Netscape / Applixware). So, since i
had nothing to lose, I re-formatted and re-installed.

I even tried just installing just RH5.0 and nothing else.

I have kept close tabs on what was being done when they stop responding
and there is no rhyme or reason that I can come up with.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if what measures were taken to
resolve it.

Thanks,
Tim

2. linksys pcmcia ethernet cars

3. Telnet, FTP ... sometimes work, sometimes they don't!

4. 400GB disk, tape hardware required for RH 6.0 Intel

5. Minimize/Maximize buttons stop responding in X

6. serial console setup

7. Remote login via MODEM

8. Modem: Sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't

9. Minimise/maximise windows stops working

10. Closing, minimize buttons stop

11. sometimes buttons won't work ?

12. Sometimes the Euro works, sometimes it doesn't.