ATI Rage LT Pro/LCD Screen problem

Post by min.. » Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
I just got a new Sony Viao PCV-L400 computer with a 14" LCD monitor.

The computer has a ATI Rage LT Pro video card with 4MB RAM in it.

Doing some research, I've seen hints that this card isn't supported in
XFree86 (I'm running 3.3.3.1-1 on SuSE 6.1), or isn't totally supported,
or whatnot.  However, the card is recognized and probed properly (or so
it appears), but I can't seem to get a stable picture in X.

I was wondering if anyone'd had any sort of experience with this, or had
any good pointers toward where I might look.

Thank you,
Wade

Post by Marc Mut » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I just got a new Sony Viao PCV-L400 computer with a 14" LCD monitor.

> The computer has a ATI Rage LT Pro video card with 4MB RAM in it.

> Doing some research, I've seen hints that this card isn't supported in
> XFree86 (I'm running 3.3.3.1-1 on SuSE 6.1), or isn't totally supported,
> or whatnot.  However, the card is recognized and probed properly (or so
> it appears), but I can't seem to get a stable picture in X.

> I was wondering if anyone'd had any sort of experience with this, or had
> any good pointers toward where I might look.

> Thank you,
> Wade

Try the hints at
http://www.fachschaften.uni-bielefeld.de/physik/leute/marc/X/
They should work for you, because a 14" panel is likely to have a
nominal 1024x768 resolution.

Marc Mutz

Post by min.. » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

: Try the hints at
: http://www.fachschaften.uni-bielefeld.de/physik/leute/marc/X/
: They should work for you, because a 14" panel is likely to have a
: nominal 1024x768 resolution.

Using the advice on that page, I was able to get it to work!
Thanks for your help!

--Wade

1. ATI Rage LT Pro with Princeton DPP500 LCD Display

Hello experts,
is there anybody who configured this combination? I have tried the mach64
server with the  ChipId 0x4755 option but it didn't work.
The only solution i found was the Xig-Laptop-server which can be downloaded for
a 10-minute test, but it cost nearly 200$.
My System is a 350 Pentium II on ASUS P2B running S.u.S.E. Linux 5.3
bye

2. Quick Questions: DOS emulator

3. flashing white screen with ATI RAGE PRO LT

4. Graphics Driver for Intel 810e Chipset

5. Screen repeated 3 times - ATI Rage Pro 3D LT Dell Inspiron 7000

6. Creation of a newsgroup

7. ATI Rage LT Pro AGP 2x into Princeton DPP560 - blank screen.

8. how to install pre-comp'd gcc bin's?

9. Support for ATI 3D Rage LT PRO PCI (LT-AU2U2)

10. ATI Rage PRO with ViewSonic VG150 LCD display

11. Problems with ATI Rage Pro LT

12. Problems with ATI Rage 3D LT Pro

13. ATI Rage LT PRo problem