ATI Mach 64 - Please help me....Thank you in advance !!!

ATI Mach 64 - Please help me....Thank you in advance !!!

Post by Mario L » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hello Everyone,
          I have a problem installing X with my ATI Mach64, I tried
several options but I keep losing the screen when I try to run it.
Sometimes it gives me a message that I need 2Megs on my card. Does
anyone know if this problem is more related to my Video Card or my
Monitor perhaps....I would love to get X running ! Any Help would be
appreciated. The base system runs just fine.

Thanks a million !!!

Mario

Post by dlammer » Mon, 28 Oct 1996 03:00:00

> Hello Everyone,
>           I have a problem installing X with my ATI Mach64, I tried
> several ...

Hello
If you are using a newer ATI-Card with internal DAC and Clock, you
should get XFree3.1.2G to solve your Problem.
Furthermore you should be more specific posting your Problem e.g.:
Chipset on the Graphics Card,your XFConfig-file,.X.err and .X.out files.

Have fun !
Dirk

ATI Mach 64 - Please help me....Thank you in advance !!!

Post by Ivo Zivko » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

The Mach64 X server requires the video memory aperture to function
properly. This means that ISA Mach64 cards in systems with more than 12Mb
of main memory will not work.

Ivo Zivkov