g++, slackware 3.0, and X libs...

Post by Ricardo J Pravi » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I'm having trouble running c++ code that dynamically links the X, g++,
curses, and termcap libraries. Basically even before the first X
library call (XOpenDisplay) the code seg faults. This is happening
everytime the linker uses g++ and includes all this libraries. If gcc
links, and only the c and X libraries are dynamically linked, then it
works fine.

Has anybody else run into this problem??? Any suggestions, ideas,
pointers to FAQ's??? I'm using gcc 2.7.0, the version that came with
Slackware 3.0 (ELF) installation....

Thanks for any info!

    Ricardo Pravia

1. Help with lib configurations on Slackware 3.0

Hi, I have some problem to setup the X library using Slackware 3.0.
The problem is that when I try to use some binary X application I
can not running because it can't find the library. At Example trying to
use mosaic I received the error:
       "can't find library libXt.so.6 "
Now, all the library have been correctly installed on /usr/X11R6/lib with
the right symbolic link. What I have to do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

Roberto Marsilio

2. HELP: mgetty with autoppp and pppd problem!

3. g++, slackware 3.0, and X libs...

4. Autoloading USB modules

5. /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux and /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux

6. Netscape's RELOAD and Client-pull

7. Missing libxv3.so.3.0 in Slackware 3.0 (ELF)

8. Mac,Windows and Linux LAN, howto ?

9. Installing 'X' from SlackWare 2.2.0 in a SlackWare 3.0 system?

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. Help - shared libs lib****.so.4 lib***.so.5

12. TeX and epoch binaries updated to 4.3 c and 3.0 X libs

13. XView 3.0 compiled/linked against new libs?