XF86Config for Trident3DImae975/Samsung SyncMaster 700b

XF86Config for Trident3DImae975/Samsung SyncMaster 700b

Post by oWe » Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Need help with a working modeline in XF86Config.
I use RH5.0, SVGA server, Trident Imae975 4 Meg and Samsung SyncMaster 700b
screen (hori sync 30 - 69, vert sync 50 - 160) (max res 1280-1024).

I can get it to work but only in 640x480 8bpp and I would really like to get
a better resolution and more colours at an acceptable refresh rate (72 Mhz)
which I think is possible with the proper configuration.

I have studied XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO but I still can't get it right
and I have noticed that other people have been able to fix things with your
aid !

thanks in advance !!

owe w.