xdm and XDMCP broadcast feature...HELP!

Post by Jonas Juseli » Fri, 05 May 1995 04:00:00

I have a sort of * problem (at least *I* think is's * :). I
work as SysAdm at the Dep. of Chemistry at the Univerity of
Helsinki. We have a SGI PowerSeries running IRIX 4.0.5 (I know it's
from the stoneage) and X11R4(!!!). We also have a couple of
X-terminals, that allows you to connect directly to our server and
some other servers too, using the XDMCP BROADCAST feature.

I have installed a couple of PC:s running Linux and X11R6 to acct as
X-terminals. The problem seems to be that I cannot get them to broadcast the
server (or any other machines). I think that I have tried everything,
including all timeout settings in xdm:s Xresources file.
Can anybody help?

--

        Pessimist: one who, when he has the
        choice of two evils, chooses both.