kdm Problem

Post by the_randymo » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 07:45:55

> Hi all
> sorry for posting here, I know it's actually no X problem,but some one
> might be able to help me out of my problem, I updated my Suse 7.3 box
> with KDE3 packages, I got the rpms from suse's ftp. everything worked
> fine, The only problem is that I can not configure the background image
> anymore, never mind what I configured in the kcontrol, the background
> image stays the same ugly suse Logo, I tried to edit the /etc/init/xdm
> file and changed all strings contain kde2 into kde3, it doesn't work,
> does anybody know how I can solve this Problem (which file I still have
> to edit)
> P.s I can configure the font theme and everything else of the kdm, but
> the backgroundimage.

> thanks a lot for answers
> Luotao Fu

crack open your favorite text editor and take a look at
/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc

That file contains all the preferences/settings for KDM.  Have fun.
the_randymon

1. Respawning XDM (or kdm) problem

Hi,

After installing an incompete version of the KDE desktop manager on my
RedHat 4.2 system I had a problem when rebooting because I automatically
go
to init level 5 which kicks off kdm (KDE version of xdm), the kdm
crashes,
gets respawned, crashes, gets respawned etc etc which results in a
flashing monitor.

I cannot get to a text tty using Ctrl-Alt-F1, F2, F3 etc and when I
tried to
boot from floppy using the rescue option, there were no entries in the
/dev directory for the hard disk partitions.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem ?  Please send them to

Thanks
Gary

2. Mounting Disks - permissions required

3. KDM Problem

4. Shared memory size

5. kdm problem :(

6. Why would you use Linux?

7. KDE3 beta2 - SuSE. KDM problem

8. Accessing Machine on other side of Proxy Server

9. Kdm problems - kde 3.0.3 -> 3.1 upgrade

10. KDM problem with 1.1

11. kdm problems

12. GDM/KDM problem

13. kdm problem