Mapping a key combo to a mouse button?

Post by Jon Cossi » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi all.

I was wondering if it is possible to use the .Xdefaults
file to map mouse clicks to certain key combination
presses.  For example, can I map mouse button to
to CTRL-D?

If not, is there a way for me to list out all the translation
functions in a binary X program?  How does one normally
find out which translation functions are available for
mapping?

Thanks for ANY help!

Jon

1. How do I map Compose key to a ctrl-key combo?

As the subject header says, I'm wondering how to map the Compose
key to a ctrl-key combination under X.  I have a PC 101 (#2)
keyboard, and the Compose key is currently mapped to Scroll
Lock via

    keycode 0x2D = Multi_key

Scroll Lock is mighty far away from the keyboard, and I'd like
to be able to type in digraphs with, say, the ctrl-k combo.

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
PTPi
(Peter Schaffter)

2. Redhat + Adaptec 2940w card + 3com card

3. mapping key bindings to mouse buttons

4. HELP needed to remove LILO & install Windows NT

5. Mapping mouse buttons to keys

6. packet forwarding query

7. Howto map USB input devices and mouse buttons to key.

8. Stress testing cifs filesystem

9. howto map mouse button to a key

10. Key mappings and mouse buttons in MOL

11. Logitech pilot combo: in search of 3 button mouse for serial port

12. How do I get at other mouse buttons on one button Mac mouse?

13. Using Logitech 3 button mouse, as a Logitech 3 button mouse.