Screen blanking won't work at login

Post by Cevat Ustu » Mon, 01 Nov 1999 03:00:00

I recently upgraded my video card to an ATI Fury,
got the drivers (rpm)  from the Suse web site and installed
it without problems. The only problem is that now
the screen blanking doesn't work at the kde login
screen (it works fine when logged in). I've tried
inserting an 'xset s activate' etc in Xsetup_0 but something
seems to be overriding it. Any ideas?

C.

1. Acrobat Reader Won't Open Files---Blank Screen

Ok..so....I am a newbie with Solaris....

I installed Acrobat Reader 4.05...said the install was successful.
Then I ran that deskinstall program...said that was successful.

Then I tried to open a pdf through Netscape...nothing happened.
Then I went into Netscape and set the helper app to be the acroread.

Then...when I tried to open a pdf...the reader opened but no file
showed up on the screen.  I just had an open program in focus with no
file open in it.

Does anyone know what I need to do now?  I saw something about path
statements but I don't know if that is relevant or not.

Any help is greatly appreciated:)

Donna

2. Kingston KNE-40T and linux

3. screen blanking won't go away!

4. Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 Boot fails during modprobe of scsi_hostadapter

5. x won't start...get blank screen

6. 'ESC' does not working??

7. X login screen won't come up

8. LOLI not working

9. remote xdm login screen - can't get one on Win 95!

10. screen blanking -- I don't want any yet I can't turn it off!

11. XF86 4.0, Multi Head Problems: Pointer won't work in 2nd screen, other problems

12. Backspace in login screen doesn't work

13. X won't work, I just get a cross cursor and a grey screen....