Fix for Permedia 2 AGP problems

Post by Dirk H. Hohnde » Mon, 14 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I know, we have been fighting with this one for a while, but
after finally getting a working Soyo MVP3 socket 7 board and
a working AMD K6-2 300 (the working part was the hard part)
I have been able to reproduce and fix the hangs some people
have reported with XFCom_3DLabs and Permedia 2 AGP cards in
such boards.

Please get XFCom_3DLabs-4.30 from

        http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/XSuSE_E.html

and give it a try. I would especially like to hear from people
where earlier versions failed, but 4.30 works. I hope not to
hear from people where 4.30 fails, though :-)

        Dirk

1. Permedia C3000 AGP problem

I got problem with my video adapter: PowerColor 3DLabs Permedia C3000AGP.
When I turn X-window on the screen is black and my monitor Daewoo 518B turns
into Sleep-Mode.
I tried all the resolutions but it didn't work at all.
Just once, i really don't know how, X-window started at 320x200 - but that
wasn't too beautiful..:))

2. WANTED: File distribution software.

3. Probleme mit 3DLabs Permedia 2v (onboard) / Problems with 3DLabs Permedia 2v (onboard)

4. how can i increase the number of processes running per user?

5. Q: Permedia 2 AGP Card & XFree resolutions above 800x600...how?

6. How to link Xt/Xm libraries?

7. Permedia 2 AGP support?

8. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 5 of 6)

9. XFree86 drivers for the Diamond Permedia 2 AGP

10. Permedia 2 AGP

11. Diamond Permedia 2 AGP X server?

12. 3D Labs Permedia-2 AGP

13. Jumpy mouse on Permedia 2 AGP system