How to configure the kde menu?

Post by Mickey Stei » Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I've upgraded from 5.2 -> 6.1 redhat and to kde 1.1.2 (or is it 1.2?)
but the question is what file or files are the menu links kept in? I
know they've got a menu-editor but it's only for non-kde menus and I'd
like to reconfigure some of the standard kde items like the way it runs
it's midi players, graphics utils , etc..

         thanks,

                  Mick

(also: where does kde associate a system event (1,2, opening a window)
with the sounds that it claims are associated with them in the sound
setup panel which, by the way, even plays the sound ok when using the
test button?)

How to configure the kde menu?

Post by mfo.. » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I don't know the details (Been Spending time trying to get the same
answers as you but... ) If you are in kde as root you can make menu
changes and aditions through the same configuration tools.
 NOTE changes obviously affect every user in this case (almost seems a
bit M$)

Quote:>I've upgraded from 5.2 -> 6.1 redhat and to kde 1.1.2 (or is it 1.2?)
>but the question is what file or files are the menu links kept in? I
>know they've got a menu-editor but it's only for non-kde menus and I'd
>like to reconfigure some of the standard kde items like the way it runs
>it's midi players, graphics utils , etc..

>         thanks,

>                  Mick

>(also: where does kde associate a system event (1,2, opening a window)
>with the sounds that it claims are associated with them in the sound
>setup panel which, by the way, even plays the sound ok when using the
>test button?)

1. problem configuring the kde-menu

hi,

i have a minor problem configuring my kde (3.0.1) menu on a SuSE 8.0
system. the prob is, that my menu-editor seems to be associated with
root and i havent been able to associate it with my user account so far.
this results in my not being able to delete unwanted entries and other
undesirable side effects.

thanks in advance
--
bernhard bauer

2. Installing Solaris 2.5.1 HW 8/97 is SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. configuring the KDE start menu

4. Linux SMP on AMI Goliath 4 x PPRO M/board

5. Configuring KDE start menu

6. Need binary of xedit.

7. KDE default menu suggestion (and distribution menu...)

8. I cannot boot !!

9. RH7 & KDE 2.1 upgrade, No icons in kde menu

10. KDE 2.0 configure error --- can't find :admin/configure ?

11. ./configure for KDE apps fails on KDE

12. Configuring dtlogin option menu for other WMs

13. Problem configuring menus on TWM