Two different XF86Config for two diff Xservers?

Two different XF86Config for two diff Xservers?

Post by Simon Lemieu » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
        I would like to know if there is a way to start a X server with the XF86Config
file path as an argument, so the Xserver would load that file instead of
/etc/X11/XF86Config ??

This would be very useful!

Thanks,
        Sin

--
+-------------------------+----------------------------------+
| Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |

+-------------------------+----------------------------------+

Two different XF86Config for two diff Xservers?

Post by Toby Hayne » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

  Simon> Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to start a X server with
  Simon> the XF86Config file path as an argument, so the Xserver would load
  Simon> that file instead of /etc/X11/XF86Config ??

XFree86 --xf86config <filename>

  Simon> This would be very useful!

Indeed! :-)

Cheers,
Toby Haynes

--

Toby Haynes
The views and opinions expressed in this message are my own, and do

Post by Doug Alcor » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I would like to know if there is a way to start a X server with the
> XF86Config file path as an argument, so the Xserver would load that
> file instead of /etc/X11/XF86Config ??

$ man XFree86
[snip]
       -xf86config file
               Read  the  server  configuration  from file.  This
               option will work for any file when the  server  is
               run  as  root (i.e, with real-uid 0), or for files
               relative to a directory in the config search  path
               for all other users.

--

 oo /  Unix Hacker
 |_/   "It's too late for paradise"

Two different XF86Config for two diff Xservers?

Post by Simon Lemieu » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 08:16:28

Quote:> XFree86 --xf86config <filename>

>   Simon> This would be very useful!

> Indeed! :-)

Thanks a lot!