ATI Graphics Expression Mach 64

Post by Edward Kovali » Tue, 09 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Does anybody have info on configuring this card for x.  I've tried many
configurations but my X server won't run.

ATI Graphics Expression Mach 64

Post by Edward Kovali » Tue, 09 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Does anybody have info on configuring this card for x.  I've tried many
configurations but my X server won't run.  I'm unsure about my modeline
values and their order for my MAG innovision DX 1595 monitor.  Any info
appreciated, Eddie.

Post by Jim Nicholso » Wed, 10 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> Does anybody have info on configuring this card for x.  I've tried many
> configurations but my X server won't run.  I'm unsure about my modeline
> values and their order for my MAG innovision DX 1595 monitor.  Any info
> appreciated, Eddie.

Obvious question:  Are you running XFree86 version 3.1.2G or later ?
If not, get it, install it, re-run XF86Config, then come back here.
--
signature illegible

Post by Richard Demanows » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

: Does anybody have info on configuring this card for x.  I've tried many
: configurations but my X server won't run.  I'm unsure about my modeline
: values and their order for my MAG innovision DX 1595 monitor.  Any info
: appreciated, Eddie.
:

I had the same problem with my Graphics Xpression card ... the solution
is to get the latest XFree86 release.  They have info on the fixes
on their web page http://www.XFree86.org ... check out the info on the
3.3.1 release.

BTW: my card has the 264CT chipset, which was not supported under the
older XFree86 servers, but is under this one.

RichD
--

                  http://www.wasatch.com/~rdemanow/
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." -- /The Doctor/

1. Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM or ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (Mach 64)?

I'm looking into getting a Micron P120PCI Millennia Plus system for
running Linux and XFree86. The Micron upgrade choices for video cards
are:

 - Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM    - 2MB or 4MB
 - ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (Mach 64) - 2MB or 4MB

Which is better supported in XFree86?

Is there any significant speed difference between these two cards for
XFree86?

I've heard that some cards run faster w/4MB than 2MB due to memory
interleaving or double wide bus access.  Do either of these two cards
have this property or is the only difference for these cards the
number of colors supported at higher resolutions?

Thanks,
Doug

2. lilo and USB keyboard

3. ATI 3D Expression (Mach 64)

4. Can I expand self extracting .EXE files ?

5. ATI Expression+ (Mach 64) and Xfree86 3.1.2

6. try_then_request_module

7. ATI Mach 64 Expression ISA

8. PNP Sound/Crystal

9. ATI Video Expression (Mach 64) config file?

10. ATI Expression mach 64 card

11. ATI Mach 64 Graphics Board

12. ATI Graphics XPression (mach 64)