What is tinyX?

Post by Bryan Bro » Sun, 25 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I've seen tinyX referred to several times, so I picked it up and looked
over the doc files on my mac, but there was no apparent description of
how it differed from XFree86 itself.  Where can I find a description of
the differences between tinyX and XFree86?  What can't tinyX do that
XFree86 itself can?  etc.

Thanks

Bryan

--
*---------------------------------------------------------------

*---------------------------------------------------------------

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

2. DigiBoards and Linux

3. HELP NEEDED for to get process id

5. Is Local APIC work with Athlon?

6. Am I touchy? Or am I right?

11. I am si**y am I?

12. Swithching automatically between tinyX and full xfree