Zenith with Cirrus Logic GD5434 video HELP!!

Zenith with Cirrus Logic GD5434 video HELP!!

Post by Aldy Hernand » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

We just got new computers at work, and the video doesn't seem to work
with XF863.1.1 These new P5's have Cirrus GD5434 cards.  I run
xf86config (with no probe as it suggests), and with the correct
setting from that card (i.e. looking at the card database).

However, when I start it, the screen looks awful (with lines, slashes,
dots, and other unreadable things on the screen).

Please help, I need X.
Please respond via email.

Aldy

1. Who knows Cirrus Logic GD5434 video controller?

I'm running Linux/XFree86 in a Compaq Deskpro 4100, equipped with a Cirrus
Logic GD-5434 video controller.
I need to have 2 Mb video memory, but the controller only has 1 Mb.
Since I have no docs about this equipment, I would like to know if it is
possible to add another Mb of DRAM to the video controller.

Thanks for your advice

2. Linux sucks - why???

3. Help with Cirrus Logic GD5434

4. VNC for Linux

5. Cirrus Logic CL-GD5434 PCI -- Config problems

6. RedHat 3.03 and Comtrol RocketPort Driver Install Problem

7. XF86Config for Cirrus Logic CL-GD5434

8. PPP script, PAP problems

9. Cirrus Logic GD5434 graphics card

10. XFree86 and my Cirrus Logic GD5434

11. Cirrus logic CL-GD5434

12. RH6.0, Cirrus GD5434 on-board video card problems

13. Help installing X368 Ver 3.1.2G with Cirrus Logic gd 7543 video chipset