X loses mouse connection

Post by Nathan Smi » Thu, 21 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I have a 386/33 w/ 4m ram and linux 1.2.13 and X11 3.1.1. I am using a
microsoft ballpoint mouse (serial) on ttyS1

When I start X (or Abuse) with gpm running the mouse doesn't work at all.
OK, now if I kill gpm, the mouse works in X for about 5 minutes. When the
mouse stops working I flip to vt1 and see "mouse connection lost (I/O
error)" or something like that. I can still exit X with ctrl-alt-bksp. can
anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

--
                                        Nate Smith

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.

1. S-x86; lost connection to the mouse/keyboard

recently I've been having this problem.  Suddenly, the mouse and the
keyboard stop responding when I'm in Openwindows.

This is the output to /var/adm/messages
   <date> <hostname> unix: WARNING: kdmouse: detected mouse connection

I'm using solaris x86 2.4 DU8 with a micron millenia pentium 120mhz
with 32 megs memory, this sometimes happens just a few seconds after
starting openwin (with nothing but olvwm running).

My solution so far has been to kill -HUP the window manager, that gets
me back to the console ascii login prompt, where the keyboard is
available to me again.

any ideas on better solutions?  thanks

-ggem.

2. Typing composed chars directly

3. Lost Connections with modem connections (ppp)

4. .signature question...

5. LOST LOST LOST

6. rpc.rstatd terminating when launching perfmeter

7. Losing my connection

8. IDE problem in 2.4.21-pre1 --> pre5

9. Error Log - Lost Connections

10. ethernet inteface: lost connection

11. Lost connections

12. netatalk: Connection lost

13. Lost Ethernet Connection when Monitor Plugged in