how to probe for the mouse

Post by Jochen_Ha.. » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

I'm using

    * XFree86 Version 3.3.2.3 / X Window System,

    * SuSE Linux 5.3,

    * running on a notebook computer.

Sometimes I'm using a 'mouse' attached to

    * /dev/ttyS0
      (this is an external touchpad)

and sometimes I'm using one attached to

    * /dev/psaux
      (this is actually an internal touchpad
       integrated into a nice `natural' keyboard -- no, no, not MS brand!!!)

Right now these 2 configurations get reflected
in 2 different /etc/XF86Config's.

----------

1.) I would like to keep both 2 configurations in one XF86Config.

2.) I would like to know how to probe /dev/ttyS0,
    to see, whether the external mouse is currently attached,
    and then use that external one.
    (Maybe XF86 knows how to do this itself?!?)

1. Probing PS/2 mouse on notebook

Hello folks,

I have tried to install FreeBSD 2.2.2 on my TI Extesa 570 CDT Notebook with
a PS/2 mouse.
I managed to install it and be able to boot the machine. However, when I
tried to install X windows
I cannot make my mouse work. Then I look at the dmesg and found that

psm0 disabled, not probed.

Would anybody be so kind as to tell me why it is disabled and how can I
enable it again. The
PS/2 mouse is definitely working when I am in MS-Windows 95.

Thanks alot

Victor W H Wu from Hong Kong.

2. USB OOPS in 2.5.40 ?

3. Travelmate 5100 PCI probing (and probing...)

4. _MAIN_ undefined symbol

5. Random probes/lack of probes under 2.2 with PCI

6. Lilo installation failure at 1024 cylinder limit

7. Redhat 6.0 install freezes at mouse probe

8. Sendmail always connects to DNS Server

9. RH 6.1 boot floppy hangs when probing for mouse type

10. Help:PB-G3-probing for mouse failed

11. "probing found some type of ps/2 mouse on port psaux"

12. RH6 Installation: Failed probing for mouse

13. Mouse Systems PC Mouse 3D/6D Bus Mouse driver?