XFREE86: Configuration - Trident Providia 9685 / CTX PL5

XFREE86: Configuration - Trident Providia 9685 / CTX PL5

Post by Bill Rape » Sat, 09 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have a Trident Providia 9685 PCI video card with 4MB RAM.  My monitor is a
CTX PL5.

I have tried many refresh rate / resolution combinations through
Xconfigurator and through xf86config, and cannot seem to find the correct
one.  My symptoms have been (1) the monitor displaying an error message
indicating that a scan rate is out of range (2) flashing display (3) display
size far too small for X login screen.

Does anybody have the correct xf86config parameters for this monitor / video
card combination?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill*r

1. Xfree86 and Providia 9685 (Trident)

Everytime I run either Xconfigurator or xf86config, my card either gets
detected as 9660 or it doesnt... then after I run the xserver... and I
quit... I see this screen full of settings in which I see providia 9685
pci detected... but it is not being used...

Any hints or pointers?  I was also able to run xf86 svga at 800x600  but
it flickers a tad, and Im starting to get confused as to what I need to
do to make it use a different freq.

Thank you in advance.

Gus

2. backup option on linux

3. Trident Providia 9685 + Xfree86 + redhat 5.0

4. help...need to get SuSE on cd

5. Trident Providia 9685, Viewsonic V775, XF86Config file

6. hpux 11 here document problem

7. Trident ProVidia 9685 - Can't see X

8. What does scanning myself actually tell me?

9. Trident Providia 9685 problem

10. Trident Providia 9685 on Linux?

11. RedHat 4.2 and Trident 9685 Providia

12. Trident 64-Bit Providia 9685 w/TV output

13. Trident ProVidia 9685 XF86Config