After a lot of pain and suffering, I finally have xwindows working on
my compaq presario. If anyone has problems with this setup, drop me a
mail and I'll do what I can to help.
I'm in the process of doing this and would prefer it to be as painless
1. Help: Modem doesn't work -- Compaq Presario 336-VSC Modem
I'm using a Compaq Presario 336-VSC Modem which works very well under
Win95. But it seemed that linux can't recognize it at all. When I run
kermit, I got an error message as follows,
C-Kermit> set line /dev/cua1
C-Kermit> /dev/cua1 is not a terminal device
C-Kermit> sorry, can't open connection to /dev/cua1
When I am trying setserial -a /dev/ttyS1, the irq(3) and port(0x02f8)
are ok but uart is UNKNOWN.
It's a fax-modem connected to COM2 and thus the device name should be
/dev/cua1 and /dev/ttyS1.
Could you please give me any idea about what is going wrong? Do I need
a special device driver?
3. can't get compaq presario 33.6-DF internal modem to work
4. Netra T1
5. Compaq Presario 1700T WinME/RH7.0 WORKING!!!!!!
6. Cannot find SUNW_1.7; values-Xa.o
7. Compaq Presario 12XL404 - how to get X working under RH7.1?
9. Need FIPS.EXE which works with COMPAQ Presario Model 4504
10. ? Does Linux work on Compaq Presario systems?
11. can't get compaq presario 33.6-DF internal modem to work
12. Yggdrasil does not work on Compaq Presario
13. silver buttons on compaq presario laptop: how to get working under linux?