1. xf86config file and cards database
i need your /etc/X11/XF86config files.
Im trying to setup a card and XF86config files database
in order to help others. Since i dont have the chance to
buy and try all the cards with different monitors and mouse
on different distributions, i need your nice XF86config files.
Also im planning to make the database searchable through
2. XFree86 release
3. X server
I need the following info if you gently decide to send me
your XF86config. You can simply edit this message and reply me
with the attached file.
1. Mouse type ________________
2. Monitor Section
Monitor Vendor ___________
Monitor Model ___________
Horiz. Ref Rates ____ - ____
Vert. Ref Rates ____ - ____
3. Card Section
Card name __________________
video Mem __________________ kbs
4. Which XFree86 Server are you Using? If it is a edited version
please note this. (e.g. SuSE's XServer ver. blah blah..)
5. Which X server you setup the card with?
(e.g XF86_SVGA or XF86_VGA etc.)
6. At which depts you are able to use this card?
(put an X if its possible)
8 bpp 800x600 __
8 bpp 1024x768 __
8 bpp 1280x1024 __
16 bpp 800x600 __
16 bpp 1024x768 __
16 bpp 1280x1024 __
24 bpp 800x600 __
24 bpp 1024x768 __
24 bpp 1280x1024 __
32 bpp 800x600 __
32 bpp 1024x768 __
32 bpp 1280x1024 __
7. other: if you like!
8. tips & tricks if you like!
9. Can i show your e-mail, so someone with the same card having problems
can contact you and get help?
Please write yes or no _______
10. If you accept helping others which e-mail adress should i put?
Any suggestions are welcome. And ah, anyone with spare time
to help me within this project? By the way the database now contains
230 files with a range of 43 cards, web site is on the way.
Thanx a lot.
r. tolga korkunckaya
metu-dept. of sociology
2. "/usr is busy" error message on shutdown
3. xf86config file and card database
4. timeout DC390F <> CDR-55s
5. How do I tell xfree86 to view whole desktop?
6. 2.5.40 FB_RIVA broken
7. How to view/edit xf86config?
8. POP3 for Linux?
9. Database : Which is best from a performance point of view?
10. xf86config database
11. XF86Config database available?
12. ISO database of monitor XF86Config settings