fte editor and ispell

Post by Phillip Deack » Thu, 27 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I use the fte editor to compose Usenet messages.  Does anyone know how
I could enable ispell to spell-check messages within fte?

Many thanks.

----------------------------------
Phillip Deackes
Leicestershire, UK
This message was sent by Knews
and Leafnode on Red Hat Linux v 4
----------------------------------

fte editor and ispell

Post by Deedl » Thu, 27 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Can you tell me what the heck is fte editor? Is it good for compose Usenet messages?

wei

Quote:> I use the fte editor to compose Usenet messages.  Does anyone know how
> I could enable ispell to spell-check messages within fte?

> Many thanks.

> ----------------------------------
> Phillip Deackes
> Leicestershire, UK
> This message was sent by Knews
> and Leafnode on Red Hat Linux v 4
> ----------------------------------

fte editor and ispell

Post by Phillip Deack » Thu, 27 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Can you tell me what the heck is fte editor? Is it good for compose
> Usenet messages?

Have a look on the Linux Applications and Utilities page
(http://www.xnet.com/~blatura/linapps.shtml) under editors.

fte is *excellent* for composing Usenet messages, providing your
newsreader allows you to choose an external editor, as knews does. The
command to start fte is: xfte -mMSG. With this parameter, headers,
article, references, quoted text and your new message are all displayed
in different colours.  I used to use fte with OS/2, so was delighted to
find that a Linux version exists. As you've probably gathered, xfte
starts the X version, and fte starts the command line version.

Give it a try!