debian hercules 4000xt kyro series tv out problem

debian hercules 4000xt kyro series tv out problem

Post by Sminthe » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:54:37

hello everybody,

i've installed debian on my system but when i try to boot i cannot see the
graphical interface, and i get the command line. since I'm new to linux I
really need the graphical interface. I think the problem is my videocard, I
can't find drivers for this card under linux. anyone got an idea what i
could do? thanks a lot!

greetz,

Smintheu

Post by Peter Bunclar » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:48:47

> hello everybody,

> i've installed debian on my system but when i try to boot i cannot see
> the graphical interface, and i get the command line. since I'm new to
> linux I really need the graphical interface. I think the problem is my
> videocard, I can't find drivers for this card under linux. anyone got
> an idea what i could do? thanks a lot!

> greetz,

> Smintheu

http://www.powervr.com/Downloads.asp

Pete.

Post by Sminthe » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:23:00

>> hello everybody,

>> i've installed debian on my system but when i try to boot i cannot see
>> the graphical interface, and i get the command line. since I'm new to
>> linux I really need the graphical interface. I think the problem is my
>> videocard, I can't find drivers for this card under linux. anyone got an
>> idea what i could do? thanks a lot!

>> greetz,

>> Smintheu

> http://www.powervr.com/Downloads.asp

tried that, make install resulted in an error. don't know exactly what is
was anymore, but if i get the time to look it up I'll post the message
here. Meanwhile other suggestions are welcome. thanks!

greetz, S

Quote:> Pete.

--
Using M2, damn right!

1. Prophet 4000XT Kyro Graphic Card

I am test driving a Hercules Prophet 4000XT and failed to get it working
under x with RedHat 7.2 and Corel Linux 1.2. Both times I played with
xf86config with no success. I heard generic VESA drivers may work. Where can
I get these and will they work or are they for Kyro II chips only? Anyone
with opinions on this graphics card let me know. I'm happy with the price if
I can get it working with Linux.

thanks
popedms

2. slip for 2.4 needed

3. Drivers for Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT?

4. undo in dselect ?

5. Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT has no driver for Linux

6. In defense of Microso

7. Hercules 3D prophet 4000XT

8. clustering

9. Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT

10. Drivers for Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT

11. Help: Linux Driver for Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT

12. Help, driver for Hercules 3DProphet 4000XT

13. Hercules 3DProphet 4000XT video card