Modeline depository?

Post by Raz A Mattaz » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 07:41:54

Anyone know of some Internet site with tested ModeLine collections for odd
monitors? Also, is there some utility that reads into X the MONITOR.INF
files from the MSWindows environment, or vice versa?

Modeline depository?

Post by Craig Ringe » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:09:00

> Anyone know of some Internet site with tested ModeLine collections for odd
> monitors? Also, is there some utility that reads into X the MONITOR.INF
> files from the MSWindows environment, or vice versa?

OOh thats a good idea... clickety click...
Please send me a monitor .inf or two and I'll see if I can do something
for you in perl (no guarantees, depends on if the format of the .inf is
vaguely sensible).

I expect there's a tool out there to do it but I haven't seen one yet.
Anybody?

Modeline depository?

Post by H. Dziardzi » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 00:13:04

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:09:00 +0800, Craig Ringer

>> Anyone know of some Internet site with tested ModeLine collections for odd
>> monitors? Also, is there some utility that reads into X the MONITOR.INF
>> files from the MSWindows environment, or vice versa?

>OOh thats a good idea... clickety click...
>Please send me a monitor .inf or two and I'll see if I can do something
>for you in perl (no guarantees, depends on if the format of the .inf is
>vaguely sensible).

>I expect there's a tool out there to do it but I haven't seen one yet.
>Anybody?

This is a fine modeline tool but the quest is for "tested"
modelines for odd monitors;
http://koala.ilog.fr/cgi-bin/nph-colas-modelines

Ms. windows monitor.inf files only provide frequency and
resolution info.  The modelines appear to be built in and probably
ms generic overscans..

1. Modeline depository

Is there an updated "Monitors" file somewhere that I might hope to find
the timings for a Samsung Syncmaster 17GLs?

If not does anyone happen to have the timings for a good 1280x1024 for
the 17GLs?

--
__.-::: Joe Beiter                               Long Island, New York :::-.__

___..-:                                                                :-..___

2. Problem/Question with NFS and Mail

3. Unix binaries depositories

4. Execute using file for args

5. Enterprise Z80-microcomputer (Depository and Emulation Project)

6. Multiply Subnet Routing

7. X modeline to fb modeline

8. AIC-789x help. (NEWBIE)

9. Any modelines library out there? New standard modelines in XF86?

10. REQ: Targa TM 4217 ONLD Modelines

11. Help: Config (Modelines?) for 1024x768 TFT Laptop

12. Optiquest 1769DC Modelines?

13. Modelines for a Panasonic PanaSync E21