PPP and or DIP needed for overseas comm. HELP!!

PPP and or DIP needed for overseas comm. HELP!!

Post by Bill Bo » Thu, 14 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I have Linux 1.2.8 with the ppp deamon installed also I have dip, now
my queston is this....I can get dip to dial my server...by typing
dip -t -v -p ppp and then at the dip> I type port cua1 then I type
dial <numbe> and it dials ok then I can type term at the dip> prompt
but this is not exactly what I want...what I want to do is set up a
connection that my daughter can connect to via telnet...my server
assigns ip addresses dynamically, at the login prompt on my server I
have to type ppp then it gives me the message switching to ppp and
then I get gobbledygook characters if I swtch to term...could some
please help me with this link problem?.....My daughter and I would
greatly appreciate it...she is an exchange student in Japan right now.

Thanks in advance (I hope)

1. PPP and or Dip needed for overseas comm. HELP!!

I have Linux 1.2.8 with the ppp deamon installed also I have dip, now
my queston is this....I can get dip to dial my server...by typing
dip -t -v -p ppp and then at the dip> I type port cua1 then I type
dial <numbe> and it dials ok then I can type term at the dip> prompt
but this is now exactly what I want...what I want to do is set up a
connection that my daughter can connect to via telnet...my server
assigns ip addresses dynamically, at the login prompt on my server I
have to type ppp then it gives me the message switching to ppp and
then I get gobbledygook characters if I swtch to term...could some
please help me with this link problem?.....My daughter and I would
greatly appreciate it...she is an exchange student in Japan right now.

Thanks in advance (I hope)

2. XF04_020, ATAPI, CDROM drive WEIRDNESS

3. PPP and DIP needed for overseas commun. HELP!!

4. Diald 0.16-5 problems

5. Using dip to establish PPP -connection (need help)

6. !LOW COST! Bar Code Software

7. Dip needs help with dip

8. Dialing up to an ISP

9. Need help with configuring Linux DIP for PPP.

10. NEED HELP!!! (DIP and PPP)

11. help with DIP + ppp connection needed !

12. Need help w/DIP & PPP (messy use)

13. help with DIP + ppp connection needed !!