XF86Config for Gateway Solo 9100 laptop

Post by Jim Smit » Wed, 26 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking for a working XF86Config file for a Gateway Solo 9100 laptop.
It has a Chips & Technology
65554 chip with 4MB of memory. But the problem is with the panel, which the
manual says is
a 13.3" TFT LCD Panel, with "XGA" resolution (1024 x 768).  18 bits of
color.  Thanks.
--
Jim Smith
Vorticity, Inc.

Post by Stephen S. Murra » Tue, 02 Dec 1997 04:00:00

--------------5253101CBA410357DF38CF4F

--------------E77123AE5642EC44A9A6ECC5

--
Dr. Stephen S. Murray
Sr. Astrophysicist

--------------E77123AE5642EC44A9A6ECC5

<HTML>

Jim Smith wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Hi,

<P>I'm looking for a working XF86Config file for a Gateway Solo 9100 laptop.
<BR>It has a Chips &amp; Technology
<BR>65554 chip with 4MB of memory. But the problem is with the panel, which
the
<BR>manual says is
<BR>a 13.3" TFT LCD Panel, with "XGA" resolution (1024 x 768).&nbsp; 18
bits of
<BR>color.&nbsp; Thanks.
<BR>--
<BR>Jim Smith
<BR>Vorticity, Inc.
<BR>Columbia, SC 29205</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
<PRE>--&nbsp;
Dr. Stephen S. Murray
Sr. Astrophysicist
Associate Director - High Energy Astrophysics Division
_______________________________________*_______________________________________
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory__|&nbsp;&nbsp; phone: (617) 495-7205
High Energy Astrophysics Division __|&nbsp;&nbsp; fax:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (617) 495-7356
60 Garden Street, MS-2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; __|&nbsp;&nbsp; email:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; s...@head-cfa.harvard.edu
Cambridge, MA 02138&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; __|&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~ssm/HomePage.html">http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~ssm/HomePage.html</A>
___________________________|___________________________________________________</PRE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------E77123AE5642EC44A9A6ECC5--

--------------5253101CBA410357DF38CF4F

# File generated by xf86config.

#
# Copyright (c) 1995 by The XFree86 Project, Inc.
#
# Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
# copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
# to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
# the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
# and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
# Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
#
# The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
# all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
#
# THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
# IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
# FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.  IN NO EVENT SHALL
# THE XFREE86 PROJECT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
# WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF
# OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
# SOFTWARE.
#
# Except as contained in this notice, the name of the XFree86 Project shall
# not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other
# dealings in this Software without prior written authorization from the
# XFree86 Project.
#

# **********************************************************************
# Refer to the XF86Config(4/5) man page for details about the format of
# this file.
# **********************************************************************

# **********************************************************************
# Files section.  This allows default font and rgb paths to be set
# **********************************************************************

Section "Files"

# The location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.

    RgbPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (which are concatenated together),
# as well as specifying multiple comma-separated entries in one FontPath
# command (or a combination of both methods)
#
# If you don't have a floating point coprocessor and emacs, Mosaic or other
# programs take long to start up, try moving the Type1 and Speedo directory
# to the end of this list (or comment them out).
#

    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"

# For OSs that support Dynamically loaded modules, ModulePath can be
# used to set a search path for the modules.  This is currently supported
# for Linux ELF, FreeBSD 2.x and NetBSD 1.x.  The default path is shown
# here.

#    ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Module section -- this is an optional section which is used to specify
# which dynamically loadable modules to load.  Dynamically loadable
# modules are currently supported only for Linux ELF, FreeBSD 2.x
# and NetBSD 1.x.  Currently, dynamically loadable modules are used
# only for some extended input (XInput) device drivers.
# **********************************************************************
#
# Section "Module"
#
# This loads the module for the Joystick driver
#
# Load "xf86Jstk.so"
#
# EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Server flags section.
# **********************************************************************

Section "ServerFlags"

# Uncomment this to cause a core dump at the spot where a signal is
# received.  This may leave the console in an unusable state, but may
# provide a better stack trace in the core dump to aid in debugging

#    NoTrapSignals

# Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><BS> server abort sequence
# This allows clients to receive this key event.

#    DontZap

# Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><KP_+>/<KP_-> mode switching
# sequences.  This allows clients to receive these key events.

#    DontZoom

# Uncomment this to disable tuning with the xvidtune client. With
# it the client can still run and fetch card and monitor attributes,
# but it will not be allowed to change them. If it tries it will
# receive a protocol error.

#       DisableVidModeExtension

# Uncomment this to enable the use of a non-local xvidtune client.

#       AllowNonLocalXvidtune

# Uncomment this to disable dynamically modifying the input device
# (mouse and keyboard) settings.

#       DisableModInDev

# Uncomment this to enable the use of a non-local client to
# change the keyboard or mouse settings (currently only xset).

#       AllowNonLocalModInDev

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Input devices
# **********************************************************************

# **********************************************************************
# Keyboard section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Keyboard"

    Protocol    "Standard"

# when using XQUEUE, comment out the above line, and uncomment the
# following line

#    Protocol   "Xqueue"

    AutoRepeat  500 5
# Let the server do the NumLock processing.  This should only be required
# when using pre-R6 clients
#    ServerNumLock

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#    Xleds      1 2 3

# To set the LeftAlt to Meta, RightAlt key to ModeShift,
# RightCtl key to Compose, and ScrollLock key to ModeLock:

#    LeftAlt     Meta
#    RightAlt    ModeShift
#    RightCtl    Compose
#    ScrollLock  ModeLock

# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.

#    XkbDisable

# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#    XkbModel    "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#    XkbModel    "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#    XkbLayout   "de"
# or:
#    XkbLayout   "de"
#    XkbVariant  "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#    XkbOptions  "ctrl:swapcaps"

# These are the default XKB settings for XFree86
#    XkbRules    "xfree86"
#    XkbModel    "pc101"
#    XkbLayout   "us"
#    XkbVariant  ""
#    XkbOptions  ""

    XkbKeymap   "xfree86(us)"

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "PS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"

# When using XQUEUE, comment out the ...

read more »

1. XF86Config on Gateway solo 9100

Hi,
I have installed RedHAt 5.1 on a gateway 9100 and am having trouble
setting up X.
As far as I know I have a trident cyber 9397 pci v.6.35.4378gw video
card.  The chipset, clocks, refresh rates, etc., are still unknown.  The
only mode that X will use is 320 x 200.  Does anyone have an XF86Config
file that will run the gateway at 1024x768 x16bit color?

thanks,

raj
ps.  please reply directly!

2. console error message

3. sound on gateway solo 9100

4. "starting stystem logger:"

5. Problems installing linux on a Gateway solo 9100

6. dhcpd.leases

7. a couple of annoying problems installing linux on a gateway Solo 9100

8. Database for Linux?

9. Gateway Solo 9100 S5-233, question.

10. GateWay Solo 9100 (233mmx) PCMCIA Oddity!

11. IRQ timeout - Gateway Solo 9100

12. Problem with modem and ethernet cards on Gateway Solo 9100

13. Gateway Solo 9100 Video problem with Redhat 7.1