Fun fun fun! :)

Post by michael s. jesso » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 11:03:12

I upgraded xf 4.0 to xf 4.0.1 on my PPC running YDL 1.2 (redhat).  I
wanted the latest and greatest video driver... which seems to be very
nice, so far!!

Well, for anyone about to do this, be warned that the XF86Config file
has incorrect keyboard mappings for G4s, anyway.  You can copy the old
settings from the old config file, and you have to do some tweaking
since the config file format has changed, but I think it will be obvious
to you when you compare the two.

Good luck to anyone else out there who is getting ready to upgrade.  I
also upgraded gnome to helix-gnome last night...  that too was an
adventure.  But thanks to the many helpful people who read this
newsgroup, I was able to get through it!   :)

Thanks!

Mike J.