Novice: Riva 128 installation

Post by HuckFin » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello

I have posted a message on this board and have received kind replies from all
over. I would like to say thank you to all the people who have supported me and
given me a courage not to give up the Linux installation.

So far, in order to get X-server work with my STB128, I have figured out I need
to replace the exinting XF86 driver with the SF86_SVGA on the
http://dimension128.smartcom.net/. I have already accessed to the site and
found that it existed.

However, how can I download the file to the Linux environment? I have not
configured (or figured out how to configure) my modem to linux. I, neither,
have not configured the CD-ROM. So, it seems that there is no disk devices I
can use to do the job. I have the Windows 95 environment in the very same
system, but, can I use this system?

I am totally a new to Linux who do not know what I am doing.  Is there any way
that I can connect MS-DOS HD with Linux?  Is there other way to get the driver
I need.

All the Linux gurus, please help me.  Please let me know where I need to start
using Linux?  I have read three thick books but still unable to fugure out what
needs to be done.

Yoshikawa, Kiyoshi
Japan

Yoshikawa, Kiyoshi

1. STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) support

Does anyone know if the STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) supported
under Linux or where I may be able to find register level tech docs to
write the driver?  nVidia, the company the makes the chipset and STB
refuse both refuse by request for the information.

I currently have Win95 and WinNT on my PII system and would like to give
Linux and the BeOS(www.be.com) a try.  What does it mean in Linux for a
card to be unsupported?  For example, in 95 & NT, if you don't have the
driver installed, you usually still get 640x480 16 colors and in the
BeOS, you get nothing(just a blank screen).

Thanks,
Jin Yu
--
BeDev ID: 6731

http://www.coresi.com/yuweb/

--
BeDev ID: 6731

http://www.coresi.com/yuweb/

2. LUG OF INDIA(HYD)

3. STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) support?

4. Problems with Ultra10 and kvm

5. uugetty not spawning using multiport serial boards

6. Need Driver for nVidia RIVA 128 (STB Velocity 128)

7. News & Solaris

8. stb veloctiy 128 (nvidia riva 128) (frozen black screen)

9. STB velocity 128 Nvidia Riva 128 chipset

10. looking for driver for STB velocity 128 w/ Nvidia Riva 128 chipset

11. STB Velocity 128 (nVidia Riva 128) support?

12. RIVA 128 and SVGATextMode