Diamond Viper VLB -- PCI-VLB mixup????

Post by Josiah Q. Hamilt » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I'm trying to use the P9000 server with a Diamond Viper VLB.  When I try
to start X, I get a message that the BIOS signature for a Viper PCI card
was detected (it then displays a string that it ostensibly pulled from
the video BIOS that says something like "Diamond PCI BIOS...").

Next comes a message that I must specify an address (IOBase) for extended
IO.  I added the line and tried a few numbers, but that only led to
darkness (and fear).

I am quite sure the card is a VLB -- I put together the system myself.

Any ideas?  Please post or email.

Josiah Hamilton