Help with XFree86 4.3.0

Post by Bob » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:50:54

Any idea why the server just exits when I use 'startx' but works when I
use 'xdm'?
There are no errors reported on the console or in /var/log/XFree86.0.log

The end of /var/log/XFree86.0.log is:

(II) [GLX]: Initializing GLX extension
(**) Option "Protocol" "ThinkingMousePS/2"
(**) Mouse1: Protocol: "ThinkingMousePS/2"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) Mouse1: Core Pointer
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
(**) Option "Emulate3Buttons"
(**) Mouse1: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
(==) Mouse1: Buttons: 3
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard1" handled by legacy driver
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
(II) Server_Terminate keybinding not found
(II) Mouse1: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded

--
Sent from Mozilla and GNU/Linux.