Printing in Linux

Post by Andy Yu » Tue, 18 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I just installed Linux from the Informagic 3CD set. I read the printer
howto but I don't understand how to setup my printer. Could any one
help me to setup my printer so that I can use it under X-windows. I
have got a HP550C printer.

Printing in Linux

Post by Sara E Roun » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

   I just installed Linux from the Informagic 3CD set. I read the printer
   howto but I don't understand how to setup my printer. Could any one
   help me to setup my printer so that I can use it under X-windows. I
   have got a HP550C printer.

Coming from one who has installed several printers under Linux (that
includes GS printers) I know that the first time can be hard.  But it
gets easier to deal with the more times you have to do it. :-)

Email me.  Tell me what happens when you try "lpr file" as it is now.

-SER

Printing in Linux

Post by Thomas Lun » Wed, 26 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I have just gotten my printer to work with lpr. I tried to write som filters
myself, but that didn't turn out too good.

So I used the magicfilters 1.1b program found at tsx (and suncite and ...), and
it worked right out of the box for my Canon LBP-8II. It uses magic filters to
print DVI,ps,GIF,Jpeg,+many more and even compressed versions of the above.

I can only recommend it.

--
Thomas Lund