another xmms-problem with avi/mpeg/divx

Post by Markus Müssi » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 07:31:57

hello forum,
meanwhile my xmms plays mp3! next problem occured!

i installed
avi-xmms (libavixmms.so) and
smpeg-xmms (libsmpeg_xmms.so)
but everytime i load an avi or mpeg file
xmms crashes!

i don't think that i have a version-problem!
everything is up-to-date!

did anyone have the same problem? does anyone
knows a solution to that problem?
does anyone knows a plugin for making xmms
divx-ready???

grettings, msli

another xmms-problem with avi/mpeg/divx

Post by I R A Darth Agg » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 09:24:28

On 18 Apr 2003 22:31:57 GMT,

+> but everytime i load an avi or mpeg file
+> xmms crashes!

Run xmms from a command line thusly:

% strace xmms > xmms.trace

after it crashes & burns, then go to the bottom of the file and
examine the output. Somewhere near to the end of the xmms.trace file
will be the reason for the crash.

James
isn't looking good, either.

another xmms-problem with avi/mpeg/divx

Post by Armin Krawinke » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 09:33:13

I R A Darth Aggie announced in

> On 18 Apr 2003 22:31:57 GMT,

> +> but everytime i load an avi or mpeg file
> +> xmms crashes!

> Run xmms from a command line thusly:

> % strace xmms > xmms.trace

AFAIR you need to use -o to strace because strace writes to stderr

strace -o xmms.trace xmms or
strace xmms 2>&1 > xmms.trace

Quote:

--

life, the universe and everything

Post by M?ns Rullg? » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:11:02

> > +> but everytime i load an avi or mpeg file
> > +> xmms crashes!

> > Run xmms from a command line thusly:

> > % strace xmms > xmms.trace

> AFAIR you need to use -o to strace because strace writes to stderr

> strace -o xmms.trace xmms or
> strace xmms 2>&1 > xmms.trace

That will have to be

strace xmms > xmms.trace 2>&1

or you will get xmms' stdout in xmms.trace and stderr in your
terminal.

Btw, you're much better off using a proper video player for playing
video.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd