Using XPM to display backing image?

Post by Patrick Killi » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to use XPM to display xpm files as the
background for one's Linux desktop?  I have tried piping it
it to xsetroot and that did not work.  People have suggested
a program called 'xsetbg' or 'xpmroot', but I do not have them.

I am currently running Linux with the OpenLook (olvwm) windows
manager.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Killion

1. Problems with displaying XPM images

[...........]

Howdy,

Please ignore my message, I figured everything out: I
didn't need any Pixmap variables since I am doing it
directly to XImage and I made a typo in the second
argument to XPutImage: it should have been a window
argument.

Thanks again,
Borg

--
My real email address is:       <vladimip at uniserve dot com>
#include <disclaimer.h>  |     *Good pings come in small packets*

2. Faststart Problem

3. Display *.ppm image on X-Windows using Xaw

4. Multimedia configuration

5. Display gray scale image using X - simple code?

6. PPP Compile errors under 1.3.52

7. need help displaying images using mosaic 2.4.1

8. SMC 8013EWS eth card, does a driver exist???

9. How to display a image using SANE?

10. Displaying images using Xwindows on IBM vs Sun

11. Display images using Gtk/Gdk/Gdk-pixbuf

12. Real linux people use xpm for images

13. How do I break an mpeg stream into .xpm images???