eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000

eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000

Post by Brian Lewi » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hello all,
I need help with a redhat 5.1 networking problem.
I am using a PCI 3com 3c900.  Linux seems to pick up the card and all the
setting are correct, however, I am still receiving this error message:
"eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000"
Does anyone know how to fix this problem, or at least point me in some
direction.
Thanks,

eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000

Post by root » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I was having similar networking problems.  My network connection would
start, but time out after a few mintues.  Remove gated from your daemon
list (don't use it :).  If fixedmine.

cya!
Pat

> Hello all,
> I need help with a redhat 5.1 networking problem.
> I am using a PCI 3com 3c900.  Linux seems to pick up the card and all the
> setting are correct, however, I am still receiving this error message:
> "eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000"
> Does anyone know how to fix this problem, or at least point me in some
> direction.
> Thanks,

eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000

Post by Kurt Fitzn » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> Hello all,
> I need help with a redhat 5.1 networking problem.
> I am using a PCI 3com 3c900.  Linux seems to pick up the card and all the
> setting are correct, however, I am still receiving this error message:
> "eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000"

This is a well known problem with the 3c59x, and 3c90x (Vortex, and
Boomerang chipsets) Linux driver.

I have the same problem, though I use the 3c590 card.

Quote:> Does anyone know how to fix this problem, or at least point me in some
> direction.

I am on the linux-vortex-bug mailing list, and many different suggestions
and solutions have been presented.  Some work on some machines, some don't.
The most recent solution seems to indicate that driver version 0.99E is
better with this than the more recent 0.99F.  You can check which version
you have by looking at the file drivers/net/3c59x.c in your linux kernel
source tree.

I would highly recommend that you look at the mailing list archive for the
linux-vortex-bug mailing list.  You can reach it on the Linux
Vortex/Boomerang/Cyclone driver home page at
http://beowulf.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html

Hope this helps

     Kurt.

1. eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000

Hello all,
I need help with a redhat 5.1 networking problem.
I am using a PCI 3com 3c900.  Linux seems to pick up the card and all the
setting are correct, however, I am still receiving this error message:
"eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000"
Does anyone know how to fix this problem, or at least point me in some
direction.
Thanks,

2. orchid farenheit vlb Xwin problems

3. integrated video system?

4. Mutt & Kmail sharing mailboxes

5. 3c900:eth0:transmit timed out, tx_status 00, status e000

6. AWE64 pnp

7. eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000

8. eth0:transmit timed out, tx-status 00 status e000

9. DSL/eth0 Woes - eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status 6000.