Accelerated X socket error

Post by vi.. » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

When I try and launch Accelerated X I get an error which says

Fatal Server Error:
"Cannot establish any listeneing sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
already running.

I know there is not another instance of X running and that there isn;t
even a poiece of it in memory. I completey reboot and have the same
problem. Any help would be appriciated.

William Adams

Accelerated X socket error

Post by vi.. » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

When I try and launch Accelerated X I get an error which says

Fatal Server Error:
"Cannot establish any listeneing sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
already running.

I know there is not another instance of X running and that there isn;t
even a poiece of it in memory. I completey reboot and have the same
problem. Any help would be appriciated.

William Adams

1. Accelerated X problems from an Accelerated X newbie

Hi folks,

I am very much the newbie at Accelerated X (I have used MetroX for
most of my X needs)

In any case, here is my problem:

Just reinstalled my system:  RedHat 5.1

installed Accelerated X 4.1

getting the following errors

Example:

wmaker:  error in loading shared libraries
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6: undefined symbol: _Xglobal_lock

wmaker never actually starts, just dumps.  I relinked libXext.so.6 to
libXext.so.6.1 (it was linked to libXext.so.6.2).  I was hoping this
would at least allow me to start window maker, which it did.  The
problem though, was that no applications would work.  Each would give
me some other library error (and attempting to relink them did no
help).

kernel 2.0.35

This occurs with:
fvwm
enlightenment
window maker (hey i even remembered the space)

can someone please give me some hint as to what may be the issue?
This has been ongoing for most of the weekend.

thanks a ton

[Sn]

2. Need compiled httpd for Solaris 2.3

3. ProFTPD error: Socket operation on non-socket

4. router

5. Apache error: getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket

6. True Type in X

7. socket error 98 on RedHat 7.0, server restart tcp socket.

8. Netproblems on Linux AXP and Win95

9. Warning: accept() error: Socket operation on non-socket

10. Error getpeername: socket operation on non-socket (in telnetd and fingerd)

11. ConnectHELP!: error. : Socket operation on non-socket

12. WU-FTPD-2.4 Error : Socket operation on non-socket

13. accelerated x 2.1.1 errors