Hercules Dynamite 128 w/ET6000

Post by Landsha » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I've heard this will be a good Dos/Win card, but I also run linux and
X.  I am looking to buy a new video card and wondered, what are the
chances of this card being supported, with hires and hi-color/true
color.  My current video card is not supported above 8 bit color in X.
I really want to go into 16 bit color.  Is or will this card be
supported with an accelerated server, a free one?

                dave

1. Tseng ET6000 based boards work?> STB Lightspeed 128/ Hercules Dynamite 128

Hi all,

        I am interested in upgrading my video card and am looking into the
Tseng ET6000 based boards.  They are quite impressive compared to the existing
 boards (aren't all new boards alike?)

        However, I would like to seek opinions from those who might have some
 experience with these boards.

        Are any of the X-Windows server in the Linux distributions compatible
 with these cards?  Are the older Tseng drivers compatible?  I don't want to
be stuck with VGA screens....

        Thanks very much for any info.

--
*************************** >>>--->  <---<<< ******************************

* University Of Pennsylvania, School of Engineering and Applied Science.  *

2. Quake Server

3. Hercules Dynamite 128/Video - ET6000

4. compaq deskpro 6000 ( 200mhz ppro ) dies at boot

5. problems with Hercules Dynamite 128 / Video ET6000

6. login hang(on telnet)

7. Hercules Dynamite 128 with ET6000 Chip

8. creating or updating dev files

9. Hercules Dynamite 128

10. Hercules Dynamite 128/v 4Mb

11. Hercules Dynamite 128/Video

12. Hercules Dynamite 128/Video w/ Linux