Linux Mach 64 Server Works Better Than OEM Windows Driver!

Linux Mach 64 Server Works Better Than OEM Windows Driver!

Post by Guy Berlin » Sun, 16 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I'm amazed. I have a Mag Innovision DX17F 17" monitor
and an ATI Mach64 (Winturbo) PCI card with 2M VRAM. I
was having minor difficulties running MS-Windows in
1024x768 mode with a virtual 1280x1024 desktop using
ATI's own Windows display drivers  (the image was just
slightly jittery at the right and left
screen edges). I installed Linux 1.2.8 and XFree86,
using the Mach64 server that came with Slackware 2.3,
and after a little experimentation, I now run in the
same mode under Linux & XFree86 and get a better,
crisper image than before, without the jitter. I
couldn't ask for more. It just doesn't get much better.
Kudos to the creator of the Mach64 server!

Guy Berliner

--

1. OEM MACH 64 Help!!!

everytime i start the freebsd install on 2.1 i get a small problem with
my video card...
it happens right after the CPU> prompt...my screen goes blank with a
cursor flying down the screen (horizontally...carriage return at end of
line...)...i think that it has something to do with the fact that my
video card is oem....a friend of mine also has an oem mach but his works
fine...any suggestions?????
mikewa

2. Accessing timeofday value without using system call

3. Anyone Get X-windows to work for an ATI CT Mach 64

4. Upgrading 386 to 486 running FreeBSD v2.1

5. Solaris 2.4 x86, Mach 64 Video Driver, and Token Ring driver conflict??

6. problems with losetup using encryption

7. ATI MACH 64 drivers for Linux???

8. where is smbmount on RedHat 5.2?

9. ATI MAch 64 vs STB PowerGraph 64

10. ATI Mach 64, framebuffer and X Windows?

11. Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM or ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (Mach 64)?

12. X windows with ATI GX Mach 64

13. Problem resizing windows - GNOME,RH7.2,ATI Mach 64