Star office REgistration Problem Script error

Star office REgistration Problem Script error

Post by Hyma » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

i have installed KDE and Staroffice with out any problem
but just this when i was feeling real happy about my self.

what i did was...
It ran registration when i first started Staroffice
i filled in the necessay details
and clicked send

It was not able to resolve some host name in DE. I was connected to my
Isp
whilke i was doing it.
I went to the properties
and entered all details about my Service provider
including the DNS servers

then i went back to start the registration process
this time  i had entered my apt no in thye address line and cllicked
next..

bang i got the same script error. as some address undefined.

Waiting .....  for the help regarding this

Thanks in advance guys...
all help is appreciated and happy new year

 Now the registration program runs a Basic type script that hangs
similar to this message
Dont remember the exact one. i running windozes to post this one.

 "ucompany.text = application.address.company"
--
Prasanth

Please remove ".NOSPAM" from Email on Reply

Star office REgistration Problem Script error

Post by Gregory » Sat, 02 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I ran into the same problem when I loaded and registered my copy of Star
Office, and here's what I think your problem is:

You must type in your name and email address EXACTLY as you typed it in when
you first downloaded your copy of Star Office.  If it is not exact, to
include capital letters, spaces, etc. you will get the error message.

The rest of the info you fill in doesn't matter that much, but your email
address and name must be exactly as you typed it when you downloaded the
file.

1. Star Office - Registration?????

I dl'd all 64 mb of Star Office Personal Edition from world-domination.mit.edu
via ftp.  In the Star-Office setup program it tells you to enter a registration
key which can be picked up at their web site.

So I go to their web site - Where is the Registration dialog?  I've **already**
downloaded the program.  They do not appear to have explicit registration links

( like a button labeled "registration" ) on their web site.

Flame on -
Come on - guys!  If you want people to register, you have to let them do it!
Is this rocket science?
Flame off

2. Matrix...

3. Star Office Registration?

4. Mr Integral

5. Star Office Personal Key vs Registration Key??!?!?!?!

6. 2.5.68-bk3 - #if cleanups continued, (1/2)

7. Star Office Registration Code Needed

8. Most users can't connect to our SSL-- help!

9. Star Office 4 - Error in Script?

10. Star Office 4 script problem....

11. Open Office (Star Office) is included on Yellow Dog CD

12. star office 5.2 and open office 6.3

13. Star Office is the ford escort of office suites - Erik Funkenbusch