How does keyboard input transmit from keyboard of X Server to application?

How does keyboard input transmit from keyboard of X Server to application?

Post by 207.61.27.84 [mode.. » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 02:38:57

As ask in subject, anybody could explain or direct me to get some doc?

I have studied few days about this question, but I can't find a good and clear doc to describe the principal. I had known that X Server translates scancode to keycode, then keycode is translated to keysym. The further questions are:
1. Is there any table for scancode and keycode translation? Can I list it out by any util?(Can xmodmap?)
2. How does xterm translate key input and pass it to the application? How the relationship is between xterm and termcap/terminfo?

Thanks,

Modemer

Linux Programmer's Site

1. Merging keyboard input with serial console input?

  I'm working on a driver for a PCI based PS2 keyboard. We currently don't
have a graphics driver so we're using a serial console. Inorder to show the
keyboard driver works, I'm display the scancodes on the LEDs. But this isn't
a very convincing demo. Is there anyway to get the keyboard's input merged
into the serial console's input stream, just as if I had typed them on the
serial keyboard?

  Mike McDonald

2. test

3. Determin whSignal transmitted by a single key on a keyboard

4. HELP SYN Flood attack

5. Share one keyboard between a PC and a SPARCstation (preferably SPARC keyboard)

6. Experience with rexec from AIX to other Unix

7. Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor Switch , keyboard drops out

8. Bashing bash (Was Re: bash or user error with set -e and subshells)

9. unix2dos on Solaris: could not get keyboard type US keyboard assumed

10. keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(f4)

11. Ultra5 uses German keyboard layout for US keyboard after dtlogin...

12. Swedish keyboard file for Macintosh keyboard?

13. keyboard beep on sun type 4 keyboard