X with Intergraph Intense 3D

Post by Paul Yushkevic » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi!

I have installed Linux on my machine but can not get X to work properly.  I
have the
Intense 3D card from Intergraph and the Dell DH1626HT monitor.  Has anyone
used the card or the monitor and gotten X to work?

Paul.

Post by Tom Hal » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> I have installed Linux on my machine but can not get X to work properly.  I
> have the
> Intense 3D card from Intergraph and the Dell DH1626HT monitor.  Has anyone
> used the card or the monitor and gotten X to work?

Yep I've got exactly the same card. It is a rebadged Rendition verite 1000.

If you've not got in already you'll need to upgrade to XFree86 3.3.3.1 which
supports this card.

--
tom

Post by Don » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Hi!

> I have installed Linux on my machine but can not get X to work properly.  I
> have the
> Intense 3D card from Intergraph and the Dell DH1626HT monitor.  Has anyone
> used the card or the monitor and gotten X to work?

> Paul.

You didn't mention *What* intergraph Intense 3D card you have. I have
two cards: Intense 3D 100, which as another poster mentioned, is a
verite 1000. If this is your case....look at the other response. I
havent used this card with linux. What I am using right now is the
Intergraph intense 3D Voodoo card. If that is the one you have, then I
can give you a few things to lool for. The 3D engine on this card is a
3Dfx chipset, and I think there is a driver for that unless it is
still in development. It doesnt appear on the menu for redhat 5.2
setup. The 2D engine for this card is an alliace semiconductors AT 25.
That choice does appear in the XF86Config menus. I chose that and it
works fine. Of course, as usual, you still have to edit the XF86Config
file and set up the screen size and stuff or you will get the insanely
moronic virtual screen shit. I have not bothered to look into the
drivers to get the 3D graphics operational, as there really isnt much
that linux could use it for at present.

Don