How can I get the tgui9680 Video X Server!!

How can I get the tgui9680 Video X Server!!

Post by Park Choong-na » Tue, 20 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Is there anyone who is using the NewTec Computer's Accelerated TGUI 9680
Video Card??? Help me!!!
I wanna install the TGUI 9680 Accelerated-X Server for SlackWare. But I
cannot get it. How can I get it???

Post by David Keel » Tue, 20 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Is there anyone who is using the NewTec Computer's Accelerated TGUI 9680
>Video Card??? Help me!!!
>I wanna install the TGUI 9680 Accelerated-X Server for SlackWare. But I
>cannot get it. How can I get it???

Upgrade to 3.1.2D and get the svga X server from the beta 3.1.2E.
Use the svga server in 8bpp modes.  Those are the only ones I could
get to work.  This card is not very fast.  Don't be supried when you
see it crawl along.

dave

Post by SunggonWo » Thu, 22 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> >Is there anyone who is using the NewTec Computer's Accelerated TGUI 9680
> >Video Card??? Help me!!!
> >I wanna install the TGUI 9680 Accelerated-X Server for SlackWare. But I
> >cannot get it. How can I get it???

> Upgrade to 3.1.2D and get the svga X server from the beta 3.1.2E.
> Use the svga server in 8bpp modes.  Those are the only ones I could
> get to work.  This card is not very fast.  Don't be supried when you
> see it crawl along.

> dave

Did you apply bellow command?

startx -- -bpp 16

I'm using TGUI9660XGI so I can use 64k color mode in XF86_SVGA
server.
TGUI9680XGI will be able to run in 16 bpp mode.
Even if the speed is slow, You will get many compensation.
Good graphics,No flickering in using different color mapped programs.
etc...