GeForce 2 Installation on Linux (Redhat 7) or Redhat 6.2.. anything
will do.. ive tried it all. but kind of new.. many hours
I've read many tutorials, if anyone can help me get it fully up, i'll
reward GREATLY w/ money.. through paypal or other:
I've tried to install GeForce2 MX vid card through RedHat 7, .. ive
tried so many ways and im thinking maybe i have to disable or remove my
old 2mb vid card that came w/ this HP over 2 years ago.. I can't find
where the old card is..its so weird.. its not in an agp, pci, or isa
slot. i dont think its a physical card somehow. i totally took this
computer apart, and im thinking its just physical memory on the
motherboard. i dunno how that works. but its 2mb SGRAM is what it lists
It works for windows.. but i dunno..
ive tried so many ways.. below lists some ways:
1) Install RH7 (also tried 6.2)
2) sometimes typed 'XF8Config' at this time.. told it monitor #6,
whatever it is.. standard svga or whatever. , and mode #3, of 50-100
mhz sync, tried 1000 kbs, 2000, 4000kbs and even the custom of 32000kbs
of what i should have..
3) extract and install Xfree 4.0.2, installed the basic things to
4) extract and install nvidia_kernel-0-9-5
5) remove all the certain files, also tried renaming to .. whatever.mesa
6) extract and install nvidia_glx-0-9-5
7) mcedit xf86config and replace 'nv' with 'nvidia' , also tried
editing 'xf86config-4' file instead
8) tried running 'startx', didn't work..
9) sometimes tried running 'xf86config' again right now. to configure..
then 'startx', doesn't work..
i get the message of 'explicit kill/shutdown of server' i think. dont
remmebe.r maybe no screens found or something..
but DURING INSTALLATION or after trying to run startx. i remember
something said 'ati_mach64' so as if its trying to probe the old vid
card. i have no idea how to get it to stop or how to get my card to run
period.. please. ive went through so many tutorials.. i even called the
freak'n HP people and they say i have to disable the vid card they
think.. like off the mother board. but i dunno how, its technical and
some other company has to.. lol, wtf,
once again. if anyone can point me in right direction or tell me
exactly how to get it to work.. i'll pay good money cause ive spent way
too many hours on this. and im not too experienced w/ linux.. or well
all of it
Sent via Deja.com