isdncard (teles 16.3)

Post by Tobias Schlottk » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 19:03:17

Hi all,
I have a strange problem. In my old 486 is a
teles isdn card and all is fine (kernel 2.0). I booted this
via DOS and loadlin. Some weeks ago the HD chrashed.
The linux partitions are still ok (on other disk).
I installed a new HD, boot again via DOS/loadlin
and the teles card doesnt work.
At boot time I get the same output
(1 teles card found, io/irq settings etc)
When I do a ping to remote site I see the
outgoing call in the imon. But on the other side
of the isdn line is no call. Same if a call from remote
to this pc comes in, no incoming call arrives.
The card itself is ok, I checked with a teles test driver
(loopback).
What I dont understand:
If I do a cat /proc/interrupts I see no interrupts
on the teles card.
Question: Where does the reported irq setting come from?
Is it read out by the kernel or is it stored in the driver?
Do I need to set the irq via a external plug'nplay utility?
(I dont remember the config.sys/autoexec.bat of the old DOS hd,
may be there were some tools called to modify these settings.)

Any hints, comments welcome

Toby