AT1500 + AT&T IPC 802

Post by roo » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

First off I know I'm posting as root so please Email me back at

OK I have a strange problem I have 3 Linux boxes with Allied Telisis 1500
Ethernet cards the cards function on the 386 and a VLB 486 but not on
a PCI bus 486 or 586.  I have checked for any posible conflicts and I can't
find any.  Any clue why PCI breaks AT 1500's????

Secondly I have an 8 serial 2 LPT multiport card that I pulled out of an
old AT&T Unix 386 the fan out box read At&T Intelegent port card 802 and
the controler reads ctc systems bus adapter 871123 any ideas on geting
this thing working under Linux it would seem to be a matter of finding
out what ports the serial deices are using???

Silas Moeckel

AT1500 + AT&T IPC 802

Post by Roland Giva » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

  > OK I have a strange problem I have 3 Linux boxes with Allied Telisis
  > 1500 Ethernet cards the cards function on the 386 and a VLB 486 but
  > not on a PCI bus 486 or 586.  I have checked for any posible conflicts
  > and I can't find any.  Any clue why PCI breaks AT 1500's????

Couple of points:

1) I'm sure we manage to use AT1500 cards in PCI machines where I work (not
under Linux though)

2) There are apparently problems if the machine has more than 16MB RAM
and/or if you use more than one card in a machine.

All AFAIK and IMHO,

Roland.

1. IPC 802 and AT1500 Woes

I have a 8 port Serial card off an AT&T 386 Unix Workstation that I'm
wondering if anybody has any specs on. AT&T wants me to become a reseller
before they will tell me anything, any ideas????

I also seem to be having problems with AT1500 Ethernet cards they work fine
in my non PnP machines but when I put them in a PnP machine they are recogized
by linux but no packets are recieved.

Silas Moeckel

2. Playing swf file in Netscape 7 on Solaris 8

3. AT&T IPC-802 /IPC-900 Drivers for SCO?

4. NewBee Question :o)

5. CTC 30200A Gemini-10 or AT&T IPC-802 miltiport serial help needed

6. ld: file -lc not found

7. HOW DO I GET AT&T INTELLIGENT PORTS CARD (IPC 802) TO WORK WITH LINUX?

8. About Linux ruining HD's

9. CTC 30200A Gemini-10 or AT&T IPC-802 miltiport serial help needed

10. How do I get AT&T IPC 802 BOARD (8 serial 2 parallel) to work?

11. CTC 30200A Gemini-10 or AT&T IPC-802 miltiport serial help needed

12. 802.11a/b/g pcmcia card with support for 802.11h

13. 802.1q & Linux