1. Cups problems... always cups problems....
I installed a Mandrake 7.2 gateway on my LAN (as a print server and many
I'm fed up with cups, and what the hell did we do to be obliged to use this
shit, to see Samba working properly ?
Here is one of my problems : Cups always see a printer I have NEVER
configured, and the more I delete it using http://www.host.ld:631, the more
it creates new "virtual" printers I never asked for.
Then, I cannot use the other "good" printer (always seen as stopped on the
You know, i'm still at the beginner level using RPM to install new
components... so :
I tried removing all packages (cups, cups-drivers, samba, samba-common,
samba-client) all config files and directories (/var/spool/cups, /etc/cups,
/etc/smb.conf, /etc/printcap, etc/etcaetera.... :), I even tried lots of
different versions of those components..... I killed daemons, I even
rebooted........ WHAT THE HELL CAN I DO TO DELETE THOSE PRINTERS ???!!!!
If anyone knows exactly which files I should edit/delete, please anwer my
request, or else I... or else I... or else I install a Windows NT server
box instead !!
2. Samba mount has zero permission
3. CUPS packaging: .cups not -cups
4. Changing permissions directory wide
5. Problem installing cups and cups-libs rpm packages
6. kdevelop: unresolved references on own files
7. Matrox Mystique ands X.
8. changing a variable to lowercase/uppercase
9. CUPS from Ports working, cups from src not
10. CUPS printer hangs after inactivity, requires CUPS restart
11. CUPS failure: pstoraster can't find device cups
12. CUPS : /usr/lib/cups/backend/smb backend missing?
13. newbie problem CUPS lokkit firewall web browser problem