aic7xxx and 2930

Post by Bill Has » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> > Have you found any way to install RedHat6.0 with the AHA-2930U SCSI
> > card? It doesnt recognize mine when I try to install it.

> > Thanks,

> > Bill Hase

> > --
> > Bill & Heather Hase

> > Our URL:  http://members.home.net/hase1
> > ----------------------------------
> > Phone us on the internet. We are in the Four11 White Pages.
> > DLS Server: netdls.four11.com
> > Phone Book URL: http://www.four11.com/conference

> Hello,
>     I have sent Mr. Ledford a copy of my /proc/pci. That gave him the
> information that he will need to add support for this card. It will be
> supported in the next release of the aic7xxx driver. This happens about
> once a month. Check out ftp.dialnet.net . I don't remember what folder,
> it was something like /pub/developer/aic7xxx the last time I needed a
> patch.

> hope that was some help,

> Douglas E Harmon

> p.s. I am still fighting with my ISP so if you would forward this to the
> linux.hardware newsgroup, I would appreciate it.

Bill & Heather Hase

Our URL:  http://members.home.net/hase1
----------------------------------
Phone us on the internet. We are in the Four11 White Pages.
DLS Server: netdls.four11.com
Phone Book URL: http://www.four11.com/conference

1. Adaptec SCSI Card 2930

Hello out there,

Does anyone have experience with this adapter?  I've been trying to
install it and under RH5.1 am having it being recognized when I run the
upgrade but during bootup get the scsi hosts-0 msg.  It is being
recognized as a 2940 card in the upgrade program during the scsi probe.
Is there a boot parameter that I can add to the lilo.conf file to help get
this card recognized, or is it just impossible?  Any ideas would be
appreciated, even if it is just saying that someone has it working.  I
have a few days to still return the card, so I do have some time.

I am only using this card for a jaz drive, I have 2 ide HD's on the
system, so I am operable.  This is just a recent addition to my system.
My kernel version is 2.0.34.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

2. hp5l and parallel port

3. trouble installing SCSI AHA-2930 card

4. ksh: Setting IFS to newline

5. Adaptec 2930 SCSI driver

6. Advice

7. Adaptec 2930 PCI SCSI card

8. Redhat, Sb32Pnp w/ ATAPI CDROM Install problems.

9. Drivers for Adaptec 2930

10. Help - adaptec 2930(aic7850 chipset) and recompiling kernel

11. Adaptec 2930 not recognized

12. ADAPTEC Ultra SCSI 2930 controller card

13. Adaptec 2930 same as 2940 in kernel?