CD Writer Problem

Post by Brent Warkenti » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have a Yamaha CDRW that I am using with Col. 2.2.  I seem to be able
to burn rewite CDs and read ok in the Yamaha.  I can burn CDRs and read
the Yamaha as well on my Laptop running Windoze 98.  Problem is I have a
second SCSI CDROM (Panasonic) that is mounted under Col 2.2 and it
states that "No Media Error" when I try to read the burned CDR.  Any
suggestions as to why?  I have burned the CDs with the UNI Rockridge and
Win 95/NT extensions.

I am using XCDRoast....

Suggestions?

Regards,

Brent Warkentin

--
Brent Warkentin
Applications Engineer

1. cd-writer problem (not just IDE-SCSI emul.)

I've successfully recompiled my kernel to recognize my Mitsumi ATAPI CD-writer as a
SCSI device.  However, I've been unable to write CD's using either cdrecord or
cdrdao.  I can simulate writes with cdrdao of wav files on my hard drive at speed 1,
but I get these messages while it's happening:

Wrote 1 of 16 MB. Buffer (100%).
scsi: aborting command due to timeout pid 1078, scsi0, channel 0, lun 0 Test Unit
Ready 00 00 00 00 00
SCSI host 0 abort (pid 1078) timed out - resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0
[these three messages repeat for around a minute, filling the screen]
hdb: irq timeout: status=0xd0 {Busy}
hdb: ATAPI reset complete
hdb: irq timeout: status=0xd0 {Busy}
Wrote 2 of 16 MB. Buffer (100%)
[this line then changes to "Wrote 3 of..." until all 16 MB have been written]
Flushing cache...
[the same three scsi messages, with "pid 2990" instead, repeat for a long time]
[the hdb messages come up, this time 5 of them]

When I write at speed 4, the first messages are the same (with a different pid), but
after the first set of hdb messages, it gives

ERROR: SCSI command failed:
ERROR:   additional sense code 0x24
ERROR:   additional sense code qualifier: 0x0
ERROR: Write data failed.
ERROR: Slave: write of audio data failed.

Wrote 2850 blocks. Minimal buffer fill 0%.
Flushing cache...
ERROR: Writing failed - buffer under run?
ERROR: Simulation failed.

Any help with this, either with things I can try, or other forums to ask, would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Janak

(I can give the cdrecord messages, but they're very similar to these.)

2. mice with scrolling wheels

3. Inspiron 8000 CD Writer problem

4. od -w option does not work

5. cd writer problems with 2.4.5ac17

6. tecra 8100

7. More info on CD-Writer problem

8. expanding /usr

9. Yamaha CD-writer problem

10. CD-Writer problems

11. CD Writer problem

12. 2.4.21 cd-writer problem

13. CD Writer problems Plextor24/10/40A on a SUN ultra 10