Onstream DI30

Post by Myrddi » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Argh.

I've just installed an Onstream DI30 in my slackware 7.1 box (kernel 2.2.16).
I've compiled ide tape support into the kernel (as opposed to making it a
module.

The OS knows it's there (the bootup messages accurately report it attached to
/dev/hdd) /proc/ide/ide1/hdd has all kinds of nifty information about the
device, that all seems to be correct, yet any attempt to use tar/mt/etc with
/dev/ht0 yields an Input/output error.

I've done a lot of searching on the net and found that other people were
experiencing this in the past, but I've been unable to find any posted
solution.

Any help at all would be appreciated...

Thanks!

- Scott

1. DPT 1564U3 & Onstream DI30

Hi guys,

I have a problem applying 2 patches to the same kernel....

Both patches make modifications to the same source-files, but when I
run the standard patch-command on my source-tree, I get errors when
applying the 2nd patch.

I'm using a pristine 2.2.15-kernel which I first patch with the
Onstream patch (available at
http://www.onstream.com/support/linux/ide_2_2_15_20000504_patch.gz ),
this works perfectly; the kernel compiles and runs. When I now try to
patch this modified kernel with a patch for the DPT SmartRaid VI

ftp://ftp.dpt.com/pub/techsup/SRV/software/drivers/linux/109patch.gz)
(for kernels 2.2.12-20), I get patch errors on only a couple of lines:

///////////////
patching file drivers/pci/oldproc.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file
drivers/pci/oldproc.c.rej
patching file include/linux/proc_fs.h
patching file include/linux/pci.h
Hunk #2 FAILED at 486.
include/linux/pci.h.rej
patching file drivers/scsi/Config.in
patching file drivers/scsi/Makefile
patching file drivers/scsi/dpt_i2o.c
patching file drivers/scsi/dpt_i2o.h
patching file drivers/scsi/dptsig.h
patching file drivers/scsi/osd_defs.h
patching file drivers/scsi/osd_unix.h
patching file drivers/scsi/osd_util.h
patching file drivers/scsi/sys_info.h
patching file drivers/scsi/hosts.c
patching file drivers/scsi/i2o/dpti2oscsi2.c
patching file drivers/scsi/i2o/i2oadptr.h
patching file drivers/scsi/i2o/i2obscsi.h
patching file drivers/scsi/i2o/i2odep.h
patching file drivers/scsi/i2o/i2odpt.h
patching file drivers/scsi/i2o/i2oexec.h
patching file drivers/scsi/i2o/i2omsg.h
patching file drivers/scsi/i2o/i2omstor.h
patching file drivers/scsi/i2o/i2otypes.h
patching file drivers/scsi/i2o/i2outil.h
/////////////

Obviously, the kernel doesn't compile anymore after this.

Does anyone know how to tackle this kind of problem?

Dirk Pieters

2. multi-controller failure

3. OnStream DI30 ATAPI Tape Drive

4. Mounting Solaris file system to Linux

5. Onstream DI30 Tapedrive broken?

6. How to make a CD-ROM for Linux, using Win or DOS?

7. Onstream DI30

8. Converting spaces to tabs, only if >= 3 spaces

9. OnStream DI30 problem

10. Onstream Di30 what is the catch?

11. How to make Onstream DI30 to work with kernel 2.4.2

12. Concensus on Onstream DI30 Fast tape backup?!?

13. Onstream DI30 I/O errors