ESS Solo 1938 PCI AudioDrive

Post by Milo Minderbinde » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi out there,

I'looking for a linuxdriver for my soundcard ESS Solo 1938 PCI
AudioDrive.
Does anybody get that soundcard on work in a linuxsystem?

ESS Solo 1938 PCI AudioDrive

Post by sod.. » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi out there,

> I'looking for a linuxdriver for my soundcard ESS Solo 1938 PCI
> AudioDrive.
> Does anybody get that soundcard on work in a linuxsystem?

Yep, it can be done.  I don't have all of the info in front of me but
the best way I found was to use ALSA. ( http://www.alsa-project.org )

I also found some helpful info in the news groups.  I'll e-mail you
what I have in the next day or so.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

ESS Solo 1938 PCI AudioDrive

Post by John Colli » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

: Hi out there,
:

Tricky. Check out ALSA at <http://ultra.jcu.cz/>

--

Philosophy -- U. of Newcastle                   Fax:   +61 49 216928
Callaghan, NSW, AUSTRALIA 2038  http://bcollier.newcastle.edu.au

Post by Christopher Michael Colli » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>The latest kernel patch 2.2.12 has drivers built in.
>they work quiet easily when compiled in the kernel.
>have seen some bugs but not too bad.
>Alsa will work but some versions don't like some kernel revisons
>haven't tried latest ones as kernel based driver is too easy

Hello,

Did this work for you.  I compiled 2.2.12 with the
'experimental' solo driver, but when I boot the
driver doesn't actual see anything.  Can you
'hold my hand' through the set up, now that I
have this driver setup?  Just for CD's and
MP3.

Thanks,

--Chris

ESS Solo 1938 PCI AudioDrive

Quote:> Hi out there,

Post by mick » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> >The latest kernel patch 2.2.12 has drivers built in.
> >they work quiet easily when compiled in the kernel.
> >have seen some bugs but not too bad.
> >Alsa will work but some versions don't like some kernel revisons
> >haven't tried latest ones as kernel based driver is too easy

> Hello,

> Did this work for you.  I compiled 2.2.12 with the
> 'experimental' solo driver, but when I boot the
> driver doesn't actual see anything.  Can you
> 'hold my hand' through the set up, now that I
> have this driver setup?  Just for CD's and
> MP3.

> Thanks,

> --Chris

I think I just compiled it in the kernel not as a module,
as well as the oss-modules and oss-software wt
it just seemed to work the card was detected at boot.
check dmesg
hope I helped haven't got linux installed at the moment
need the space for video capture. but will be back on real soon.

Mick