serial mouse doesn't work

Post by Eric Thompso » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

 I have a serial 3 button mouse made by logitech.
x starts fine but the mouse won't move.  I used 'mseconfig' with all of
the settings with no success.
x gives me this warning:
"WARNING: /dev/ttys0 unable to get status of mouse (I/O error)"

what do I put in my xconfig file?
        thanks-
            eric

serial mouse doesn't work

Post by M.C. van den Bovenkam » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> x gives me this warning:
> "WARNING: /dev/ttys0 unable to get status of mouse (I/O error)"

If the 'ttys0' is not a typo (and your mouse is on what DOS would call
COM1), make that /dev/ttyS0. Note the capital 'S'.

                Regards,

--
                        Marco van den Bovenkamp.

        CIO EMEA Network Design Engineer,

        Lucent Technologies Nederland.
        Room: HVS BZK 38
        Tel.: (+31-35-687)2724

1. Serial mouse only works during installation in graphics mode, problem with 'serial device driver'

Hi,
During installation in graphics mode the serial microsoft mouse works.
But when Linux starts the console mouse drivers, the following error
appears: 'LSR Safety check engaged!', meaning that the UART 16550A
returns 0xFF to a query of the serial device driver which then
concludes that there is some problem. Result: no serial mouse or
whatever device on the serial port will work.
Now I looked for this problem in google and found
http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0002.1/0075.html
as an explanation: a sloppy designed UART 16550A chip...
My question: is there any updated driver somewhere in which this
problem is resolved?
Or is there any parameter that I can apply during start up to prevent
the serial driver from performing this check?

thanks a lot,
arie

2. NET-2 problems: Ethernet errors on WD8003

3. Serial Mouse doesn't work under X.

4. unable to mount a partition

5. Xconfig: Microsoft Serial Mouse doesn't work

6. stderr

7. dosemu0.49, serial ports work, mouse doesn't

8. setting up a network

9. 2 mice, built-in works, serial doesn't

10. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

11. Mouse-Systems mouse doesn't work

12. My Aopen's wheel mouse doesn't work

13. Can't shutdown and new mouse doesn't work