DELL inspiron 7500 650 YT ?

Post by Sh » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I am thinking about getting a new notebook to run Linux on. After
looking a bit at the market it would seem that DELL have the best deal
around on:

DELL inspiron 7500 650 YT

After calling them they said that hey don't support Linux, but they
think there would be problem about recongising the DVD-CD-ROM drive and
the modem.
Would you think there would be a probelm installing RedHat Linux on that
system?
Thanks for your help.

Shy

p.s. please emali me directly

DELL inspiron 7500 650 YT ?

Post by SQ » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi, I am just starting to install Corel Linux on my 7500 and it isn't working.
I think its got to something to do with my ATI Rage Mobility card. Looking for
help on this.

1. Dell Inspiron 7500 and Corel Linux -HELP

I am trying and failing miserably to get somebody to help me figure out a way
to install Corel Linux on my Dell Inspiron 7500 which has Rage Mobility -P 8MB
card. Within a minute of Installation (immediately after hardware
determination) the installation GUI fails which makes it impossible to continue
installing Corel Linux. Can you help??? Thanks

2. Linux Gazette #71 (October 2001) available

3. newbie type advice questions... re: installing RH7.2 on Dell INSPIRON 7500 laptop

4. Help with network unreachable problems. (PLEASE)

5. Can Linux handle Dell Inspiron 7500 SXGA+ (1400x1050)?

6. Connecting LPRng and lpd

7. System Freeze: Dell Inspiron 7500

8. kdm: no modules loaded

9. ATI Rage Mobility-AGP2x on Dell 7500 (Inspiron) Redhat Linux v7.x...

10. XF86Config for Dell Inspiron 7500?

11. LCD Display on Dell Inspiron 7500

12. Dell inspiron 7500, PCMCIA, and 2.4.x -- No love.

13. nfsroot on Dell Inspiron 7500 w/ 3Com FE575C